Sunday, January 11, 2009

Style Tip!

Courtesy of Mia.

If you're like me, you have a really small budget but that doesn't really excuse the fact that I own over 60 pairs of earrings. And if you're like me, you probably have those cheap gold bamboo earrings/doorknockers from street vendors & boutiques, like these.



I hate it though when after a while, it starts to turn brown or discolored. So one day, my friend Mia texted me a way to keep those still bright gold & gaudy (according to my mom).

CLEAR NAIL POLISH.

Yep, that's right. A thin coat of clear nail polish to prevent discoloration. I still havent done it yet but it's worth a try. If not, I'll just have to spend another 5 bucks on a new pair. Let me know if you have any other tips!

Thanks Mia!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hah i gotta give props to lil sis tho, she was the one who stole my clear polish and taught me the trick...
Glad to pass it on

M

Leah said...

Great tip! I need to try this!